We are using Drupal as our CMS of choice to provide all content for www.mingw.org. We need to maintain the Drupal software with current versions of Drupal. We have need for someone to help keep up with our Drupal installation at the server level. This job is not a difficult task, Drupal itself will give you a report of what needs updated. The job requires once a day or two the following tasks:
- Check the site status report for notice of updates
- If updates are required
- Give a notice of expected downtime at least 4 hours before the downtime
- Prepare the software by downloading the required versions before the site goes into maintenance mode.
- At the time of maintenance put the site in maintenance mode.
- Perform the maintenance operations per the guide that will be given you.
- Set the site back into online mode.
- Check the site for normal operation.