Useful Links Related to MINGW
Rather than wait for someone to migrate the community links from the old wiki. I'm starting from scratch and hoping any useful links that still work on the old wiki will eventually be added by the community.
As with the previous wiki page, please add links you think would be useful to the MinGW community. If you find errors or out-of-date links, please help fix them.
- Reference on STL This is a different version of STL than used by MinGW but the basics are the same.
- Gnuwin32 libraries Many of the GNU libraries and programs patched and recompiled for MinGW.
Cross-platform GUI Libraries
Libraries Offering Some POSIX Functionality
- Wine on MinGW Some information on an attempt to get Wine and some of the X11 libraries working with MinGW and msys.
- C++ Snippets There are also C Snippets.
- MinGW packages repository There's a copy of pexports under altbinutils-pe. The pexports program can be useful when trying to link to dlls that were created by other compilers.
Unix Style Utilities
- Unix Utilities Ports of common Unix utilities.
- SciTE Everyone has their favorite programming editor and this one's mine. It's highly configurable and functionality can be extended using LUA scripts. Here's a page with some tips configuration tips that might help get you started: SciTE Tips
Tools from other Windows compilers can often be very useful with MinGW too.
- Open Watcom Check out their interactive debugger and icon editor. Also check out their C/C++ and Win32 documentation.
- lcc-win32 I haven't confirmed this, but it's rumored to have a graphical resource editor. This is a C only compiler (not C++), but resources are resources. Also, check out the C and Win32 documentation.